LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArrElem.Value and the scrollbar

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm pulling a list from a file and displaying it in an array for my user to see. I want them to be able to click on a single entry in the array, and trigger a bunch of code related to that entry. I have this concept working, and it works great... except for 1 problem.

If the user clicks on the scrollbar to move the list up/down, labview treats this as having selected an element in the array. Hitting the Arrow up/down buttons is treated as an increment/decrement from that last selected point. Does anyone know of a way to do this so that the scrollbar is ignored and doesn't trigger my event? I've attached a snippet example of how it is set up. It's only the trigger event, not the whole UI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nosjojo

Not sure if this is helpful but..

DId you try using a single column  Listbox?

You could get the string values from this listbox by using a property node 'Item Names' Then setup the event handler to output the row that has been double clicked.

The row would feed an index array function so that you get the contents of the list entry that was double clicked.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,286 Views)

Thank you so much, it took me a second to set it up, but it worked PERFECTLY. I hardly ever use listboxes, didn't even think to try those.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,277 Views)