LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any updates available in which Labview 3's CTR.LLB, AI.LLB, AO.LLB, and Zadvd.LLB files can be run in labview 2010?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I recently took an important labview program which was created in labview 3 and opened it in labview 2010. Some vi's and files were missing, specifically CTR.LLB, AI.LLB, AO.LLB and Zadvd.LLB. Are there any updates in existence that will allow these to be run in labview 2010?

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,995 Views)

You need to install the traditional DAQ driver from the drivers dvd, assuming you are not using an OS later than XP. It's also available for download.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,994 Views)

Is the DAQ hardware also from the Labview 3.0 time period. Or is it from a more present time. I see many pitfalls in your project. If you try to mate old software with new hardware. Some program rewriting is needed. What are you trying to do. Can you elaborate..

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,978 Views)

Thanks, It is a detailed data collection program designed for a bio-imaging project made years ago. As I am trying to implement it now, I have all relatively new hardware, including the DAQ hardware as well as windows 7 OS. I see the potential problems with trying to mate old software but most of it seems to work, except for the above files.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,960 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author davin_halcyon

You cannot use the old DAQ driver on windows 7 and if you have new DAQ hardware, chances are that you cannot use the old driver on any OS. You need to provide some actual details on the hardware you are planning on using. Most of the new hardware from NI woould require you to use the current driver called DAQmx and that would require extensive rewrites.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,957 Views)

Thanks, I was hoping for an easy workaround but it looks like I will have to rewrite some of the code. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,929 Views)