LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any labview drivers for the chromalox 2030 controllers?

I am looking for drivers to communicate with the 2030 chormalox environmental controllers.  I haven't been able to find any.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,166 Views)
Hello Chandler,

There aren't any drivers written explicitly for the Chromalox controllers through National Instruments.  If controllers can use VISA to communicate, you may be able to develop your own drivers using VISA and the VISA Driver Development Wizard

Thanks!

Meghan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,145 Views)
Hey Chandler! This is a shot in the dark here, but did you ever find any Chromalox 2030 drivers? I'm looking for the same.

-- Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,109 Views)
I wrote my own and am still testing them now
So far I am just reading the setpoint and PV's of channels 1 and 2

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,102 Views)

Hmmm looks like I'm be writing my own as well. Don't quite have the equipment setup properly yet, but hopefully should start on writing them within the next few weeks. I'll post what I come up with here.

-- Matt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,092 Views)
Dear Folks,
I have been looking for a Chromalox driver myself. Is there any chance you guys would share the drivers you have written? I can understand the reasons why you might not, just because your company could say they don't want you to share what they paid you to build. However, is there any chance either of you have the Chromalox Digital Communications Manual, maybe even as a PDF that you could share with me? That would be quite helpful in itself.

Thanks,
Alvin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,014 Views)
I'm looking for it,too
Could anyone send example or develope datasheet for me,please
I will post finish file on webboard if I finish it,but I don't have any infomation about development for it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,920 Views)
I never did write anything for the Chromalox...lightning end up zapping it and we replaced the Chromalox with a Watlow. Check out the Product Instruction Sheet (PDF) at the link below. It's pretty basic, but might be enough to get you going. If not, I'd shoot an email to Chromalox and ask them if you have any communications manuals for it.

-- Jason (Matt)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,908 Views)

My first NI app,  and it's deals with a 2030 chromolox,  controller,  did anyone finish drivers you mentioned and could you share.  Or does anyone know where I can find the communications manual.  I've been searching the web but so far no luck.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,562 Views)

Hello,

It looks like you can get in touch with Chromolox directly here, hopefully they will be able to assist you with obtaining the manual you need.

With warm regards,

David D.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,533 Views)