From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino signal to Labview

Hello! I'm trying to transmit signal of current sensor acs712 reading from Arduino Yun to LabView, but I'm unable to establish the communication through USB port.. I've followed directly from this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWCsaR-oOr8 but I don't get any signals or reading..

Do I need some arduino codes before I can establish the connection ? 

Really appreciate if you guys can help/guide me step by step! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,239 Views)

Hi,

I cant watch the tutorial(no youtube with our work servers).

But you definetly need code on your Arduino.

I cant tell you what exactly. But with no code the Arduino doas nothing with the incomming signals.

I recomment to take a look at the examples on Sketch(software to write the code and flash the Arduino).

Maybe there ist a fitting one or you can adapt on an example.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,211 Views)

There are a couple of prefab libraries for communication between Arduinos and LabView, LIFA and LINX. LIFA is deprecated at this point, so you should use LINX. In both cases, the library consists of a sketch which runs on the Arduino and some LabView code. The Arduino side of things is a loop that listens for commands/queries from LabView and returns responses. 

You do have to interface that current sensor with the Arduino. Since its output is just an analog voltage, that's pretty straightforward; just run the output into one of the analog inputs of the Arduino and use the Analog Voltage Read VI in LINX. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,148 Views)

Thanks for the replies! 🙂

I've just tried the LINX, but I can't get it working at the moment..Is it compatible? Do I need an arduino code for my arduino Yun?

I have attached the image for the labview.

I was also told that the Visa from data communication is able to transmit signal from arduino to labview?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,100 Views)

LINX comes in two parts; a set of LabView Vis and an Arduino sketch. You need to install the latter on your device to get the whole system to work.

See this: https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=learn:tutorials:libraries:linx:getting_started

You can also have LINX generate the Arduino sketchs and then manually upload them to your board from within the Arudino IDE.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,064 Views)