From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino MEGA to creating DANCING LIGHT

Dear Friends, 

I recently bought ARDUINO MEGA to make a dancing light. A small entertainmaint tool for my newborn. Since this is first time for me, please give me some pointers to achieve this goal. I have 16 lights (LED bulbs) that are connected to the board and I want to generate a sequence to switch on these lights for a brief moment and off and switch on the next one for a brief moment. In theory, it is similar to SWEEP cycles. I want to change programatically how long these bulbs remain on and control which one to be on at a time. Once set, they dance in a specific pattern until reset by new pattern.

Your help would be highjly appreciated. Thanks

RY
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,657 Views)

I wouldn't use LabVIEW for this- your Arduino would have to remain tethered to a PC.

The Arduino is pretty easy to program using sketches.

http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,642 Views)

Thanks, I want to achieve this via LABVIEW.

RY
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,614 Views)

Okay- what stage are you at?

Have you got the labview arduino communication toolkit (or whatever it is called) installed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,586 Views)

I have installed LIFA and also did a simple communication, blink one LED. I will update you in sometime my experiments 🙂

RY
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,533 Views)

Cool - you have the basics. If you've got any specific questions, show us your code and we can discuss.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,521 Views)