cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture Question / Chained Loops

Solved!
Go to solution

@pierroil wrote:

If it times out, then the next state will simply be the last one - i.e. if I was in acquisition mode, I will continue to acquire data. If I was in idle mode, I will continue to be in idle mode.

There's no timeout value wired to Wait on Notification, so it will never time out... it will just wait forever until a notification arrives.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(429 Views)

If you send a notification and you wait on it and you do not cancel the notification, won't wait on notification simply keep using the same notification?

There is a Boolean Control to turn that on or off isn't there?

Unless my code is being wacky.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(425 Views)

Yeah I fixed the timeout value not 5 seconds after I posted the screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(423 Views)

@pierroil wrote:

If you send a notification and you wait on it and you do not cancel the notification, won't wait on notification simply keep using the same notification?

There is a Boolean Control to turn that on or off isn't there?

No, Wait on Notification will only show you the same notification once.  Each instance of Wait on Notification keeps track of the last notification that it saw, through a sequence number.  The boolean determines what to do in the case that there is a new notification since the last time that instance of Wait on Notification last executed.  If the "Ignore Previous" input is True, it will wait for a new notification to arrive, even if there's a notification available that the instance has not yet seen.  When that input is false (the default), if there's a new notification since the previous execution of that instance, it will return that immediately without waiting.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(421 Views)

Interesting... Debugging time.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(418 Views)