From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbitrary waveform generation and looping that waveform

Help required, if anybody knows how to loop this waveform continuously! I tried to make this waveform using arbitrary wave generator VI. I am able to make the waveform but cannot loop it continuously. 

Help in any form will be appreciated. Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,760 Views)

Hi inji,

@injimamul wrote:

Help in any form will be appreciated.

You VI is huge and can be simplified like this:

check.png

@injimamul wrote:

I am able to make the waveform but cannot loop it continuously. 

Just output the waveform again. What is the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(2,749 Views)

What are you trying to loop this waveform on?  A DAQ analog output?  A function generator?  Or are you just trying to repeat an operation in software?  We need a lot more context for what you are trying to do with this waveform in order to actually help.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 11
(2,734 Views)

Thank you for replying.

I want to continuously loop the waveform. When the waveform ends, it should start again from the beginning, like all the inbuilt waveforms present in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,730 Views)

Hi inji,

@injimamul wrote:

I want to continuously loop the waveform. When the waveform ends, it should start again from the beginning, like all the inbuilt waveforms present in labview.

No "inbuilt waveform" does "start again from the beginning"…

Create the waveform, then "play" it in a loop.

You still don't explain where you want to play/output the waveform!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,718 Views)

Yes, I tried to loop it using a while loop 😐.

Sorry if I being lame. I want the waveform to repeat periodically. Also, what is the process to change the units of time.

I want to get the output of the waveform using a NI USB 6001.

Thanks again!😊

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,715 Views)

@injimamul wrote:

I want to get the output of the waveform using a NI USB 6001.

There's the key information I was looking for.  Luckily for you, there is a DAQmx Write property called Regeneration Mode.  Just set that to be "Allow Regeneration", write your waveform to the DAQmx task, and then start the task.

NOTE: This VI was based on having multiple channels in the task.  Hence why Waveforms is an array.  It will still work with a single (scaler) waveform.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 11
(2,697 Views)

Could you please share the VI file of this?

Thank you so much. I cannot believe of getting such great response in this short period of time. 

Keep helping sir!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,670 Views)

Save the PNG file to your desktop.  Then drag that file into your block diagram.  If you are using LabVIEW 2019, then you'll have the code!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,641 Views)

Sorry, our institution has provided us with the 2013 version. This feature is not working in this version.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,628 Views)