From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbitrary signal generator control vs pressure reading return.

I want to use the arbitrary sinal generator VI to send a waveform command to a pressure valve(analog out) and then read the pressure from a transducer and overlay both plots.  The waveform will repeat every couple of minutes and the plot should reset itself after each cycle.  I am thinking it is a problem with my X-axis because it seems like they are reading different x values the chart is getting messed up.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,149 Views)

pls post your code for people to help you here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,142 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,139 Views)

Hi Ballen,

Editing your code will depend on what you want displayed on the x-axis. The Knowledge Base article on Customizing Display Format of the X and Y Axis on a Waveform Chart or Graph may be helpful for you. Also, when you use the Simulate Arbitrary Signal VI are you trying to send a random signal? It sounds like that's what your trying to do based off your description, but the current VI generates the same user defined signal repeatedly. You may want to change the Arbitrary Signal to be "X values continue" (just double click on it to change from "X values repeat") or if you want to continuosly generate a random signal, you could use the Simulate Signal express VI instead and add noise to a DC signal.

I hope that helps!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,107 Views)