cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying same window appearance to all VIs

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@VinnyAstro wrote:

@GerdW wrote:

When you want to automate the LabVIEW IDE then you should use scripting…

Understood. I need to take some time to learn scripting 🙂

I'd recommend you learn VI Server first... Scripting gets complex fast.

I'll have a deeper look at it. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(386 Views)

@VinnyAstro wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Packed libraries are compiled, so you can have usable VIs, without distributing source code. It's a huge topic on it's own.

Yes, about that, I had other issues that I noticed here ...

I'm lucky that I can, for now, avoid them... I watch the discussions, and let other sort things out. I pick my battles 😊, and I have plenty others. Sorry...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(377 Views)

haha no worries, I was just pointing out that using packed libraries doesn't necessarily solve the problem of code protection sadly.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(369 Views)

@VinnyAstro wrote:

haha no worries, I was just pointing out that using packed libraries doesn't necessarily solve the problem of code protection sadly.

I'm pretty sure packed libraries remove source code from a library.

It's basically a dll while keeping the VI API, so you can use the functions like normal VIs, but without diagram. Are you sure you tested packed libraries? Those are not regular libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(365 Views)

I have developed a LabVIEW addon that enables simple scripts to be run on multiple VIs, selected using a compound search and sort by individual properties.  Both QuickDrop and VI Analyzer scripts are supported.  Several sample scripts are available to get you going quickly.  Setting the password on multiple VIs is a built-in feature. Free 30 day trial includes unlimited use.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(346 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@VinnyAstro wrote:

I'm pretty sure packed libraries remove source code from a library.

It's basically a dll while keeping the VI API, so you can use the functions like normal VIs, but without diagram. Are you sure you tested packed libraries? Those are not regular libraries.

They surely do, but not if you enable debugging, which I had to because some VIs won't execute otherwise... And still couldn't find why.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(338 Views)