From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying a color ramp to a 3D picture

Hi,

My question is on applying a color ramp to a 3D picture.

I have a 2D array of data containing height values which I am displaying using NI_3d Picture Control.lvlib:Create Height Field.vi mapped onto the 3D Picture Control Create Object.

The structure I am displaying is a polymer sample with a microchannel formed in it.

My problem is I can only set one color using the Create Height Field vi for the overall microchannel image. What I would like is to have a color gradient based on the height values in my array. This would then show the surface of the sample in one color and gradually changing color as you moved deeper into the microchannel.

I've attached the image of my microchannel as it is. All I am able to change is the solid color at the moment.

Your help would be much appreciated,

Kevin

Microchannel.JPG 

--
Kevin Conlisk
Ph.D Student
National Centre for Laser Applications
National University of Ireland, Galway
IRELAND
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,327 Views)

I've attached some sample code to see if any of you would be able to help me with this, as I still haven't found a way to apply the color ramp. 

Kevin

--
Kevin Conlisk
Ph.D Student
IRELAND
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,277 Views)

Hello Kevin,

I am currently working on this issue. I have found that it is not possible to texture a height map with different colors. I have found a possible workaround that should work using create mesh. I have been looking inside the Express VI that is used to map sensors to a 3d model using varying colours, This should reveal the result you are looking for.

I shall keep you posted on my progress with this.

With regards,

Philip
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
UK Branch

===If this fixes your problem, mark as solution!===
Message 3 of 4
(3,239 Views)

Hi Philip,

Sorry for the late reply. I had nearly given up on this issue. If you have any luck with it please keep me posted.

Regards,

Kevin

--
Kevin Conlisk
Ph.D Student
IRELAND
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,116 Views)