LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply velocity to wheels Vs. apply velocity to motors

Hi all,

I need to send a velocity command to a robot (E-puck2). It has fixed wheels so I built a diffrential steering frame.

How should I know which one of the VI's will result in an accurate velocity command, "apply velocity to wheels" or "apply velocity to motors"?

Right now I use "apply velocity to wheels" but the velocity control is not good, and I'm trying to figure out whether the problem is there.

Thank you 

Orit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,143 Views)

Another remark,

The E-puck2's motors are stepper motors, their input is steps per second. Does it change the answer?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,131 Views)

And another remark,

I just paid attention that in the "create wheel" VI I use, there is a note about the wheel parameters - labview will use the gear ratio and the wheel radius only if I use the motor communication input. I didnt use the motor communication at all, so I must recieve wrong data because of that?

Does using or not using motor communication change the answer to the question about choosing between "apply velocity to wheels/motors"?

And in general, how do I know if I need to use motor communication or not? 

Thanks again for any help!

Orit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,102 Views)

Hi,

What is the difference between "Apply velocity to wheels" VI and "Apply velocity to motors" VI?

Why prefer one to the other?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,048 Views)

Hello,

What is the difference between steering frame velocity and arc velocity?

When do I use each one of them?

Thank you

Orit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,073 Views)

I'm asking according to "apply velocity to motors" VI...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,001 Views)

Hello all,

Since I find it difficult to find a solution for long time,

I will be glad if someone can recommended where can I ask my questions:

In LabView Robotics,

1. How can I choose between "apply velocity to wheels" VI and "apply velocity to motors" VI?

2. According to the those 2 VIs, what is arc velocity and what is steering frame velocity?

Thank you very much in advance

Orit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,000 Views)

I'm guessing that, like me, many people here cannot answer such a specialized robotics question because it's not really a "how to do you do this in LabVIEW" question, but more like, "what do these specific toolkit VIs do?"  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,963 Views)