From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications built with Application builder does not start. This is after I allowed the updater to install patches. Now Version is 12.0.1f3 (32-bit)

Solved!
Go to solution

Help! Not sure what happened... I let the updater install the f3 patch.  Now when I build an application it shows up on the task bar (Windows 7) for a few seconds then goes away.  I am not sure where to start to figure this out.

Thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,186 Views)

More details please. Is this on the same computer or on a different computer? Did you also patch the run time engine on the target computer?

Are you running any particular security software (antivirus, personal firewall, etc). Some of those don't play nice and tend to interfere.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,170 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rwelch

It is on the same computer.  The PC has the standard IT stuff.  VIper and they manage most firewall (windows) settings.  I shut them all off prior to install.  I think it was a runtime engine issue.  I did not have time to fight with LabView so I uninstalled all LabView!  Then I did a fresh install from DVD.  It works.  I will never install a patch from NI without a week of spare time!  In otherwords, never again!  Everytime I do, it takes me at least a day to get my enviroment up and running!  Thanks for your time.  It is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,150 Views)

Did you get a message like LabVIEW load error code 10: VI version (11.0) is too old to convert to the current LabVIEW version (12.0.1f3). when asked to provide a path to a VI? I just want to double check before I do likewise and reset LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,083 Views)