From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application is busy

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 14.0 and I am experiencing Error -2147417846 saying "the application is busy". This error happens whenever I add a macro to be run in Excel. The weird thing is whenever I add this excel macro there is an error with my word macros. This error doesn't happen every time I run the code, only sometimes. The error pops up for either the "Word Import Module", "Word Run Macro" or "Word Remove Module". I am running the Word and Excel macros at the same time. 

I have attached (1) a picture of the error (2) the added excel macro code and (3) the location of the error. 

If anyone can help me with this that's be great. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,932 Views)

Hi Maddie,

If anyone can help me with this that's be great.

All you provide are images of rather bad LabVIEW code - how should we help here?

Are we supposed to use Paint/GIMP/Photoshop? 😉

Please clean up your VI, then start debugging. At which exact code position do you get the error?

On your code images:

- Whenever I see big ConcatString functions I think: "Why the h*ll don't they use FormatIntoString with a proper format string?"

- Why do you have so many bended wires, local variables, "ineffective" functions? (You know there's a "+1" aka Increment function?)

- Why do you calculate "current test - quotient*5" several times in your code?

- Ever read the Styleguide in the LabVIEW help?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,923 Views)

Please do not attach screen shots!  Instead, attach the actual VI itself, which lets us look at all of the code (including all the Cases of a Case statement and code that doesn't "fit on the screen").  It also tells us which version of LabVIEW you are using (which might be important).  It also lets us test the code by (a) opening it in LabVIEW and noting any errors, and (b) running it, perhaps after making some modifications.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 3
(2,914 Views)