LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application installer

Hai
i build my program as application installer,
 in my program i am reading some .csv files, so in my program i made my program search the path of file from the same folder where my VI is,
so now after i create installer, i copied the files to the same directory but its showing error "Error 7 occured at open ... " (error jpeg file attached), how to solve this.
thanks
sk

I am using LabVIEW 7.1 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,255 Views)

To debug something like this, you should usually just place some indicators to see why the file "was not found".

I can't look at your code, but I'm pretty sure that had you done that, you would see that the code is trying to look for the file at ...folder\app.exe\file.csv.

That's because when you build an application the VIs are saved inside the EXE which acts like a directory and performing a strip path will give you the path of the exe. To perform another strip path only when you're running an executable you can use the Application>>Kind property, but it's better to use an algorithm which uses a while loop to strip the path until it gets to a directory. There is such an implementation in the OpenG file package.

(2,252 Views)