From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application got slowed down

Hello every one 

I have written a code in labviw and

I am running an application in a pc with 4gb ram, i5 processor .

Problem is the application is running slowly in this pc  .

When i am running the application i when to task manager to see the pc status please see the attached pic 

When i go to another pc with 2gb ram it is too slow 

So my question is

1 how to increase the application speed ?

2 If i integrate the VGA card does the application speed increases ?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,552 Views)

You don't provide enough information to troubleshoot the problem. CPU use can be high if you have polling UI loops without small waits. Memory use can be high if you have huge data structures and many data copies in memory (e.g. overuse of local variables or generally inefficient code).

Please define "slow". Do the computations take more time that you think they should or does the user interface feel sluggish? How do you measure the slowness?

What does the program do? Please show us some code!!

Typically, it does not help to simply throw more CPU power at the problem if the root cause is in inefficient and wasteful code. A faster CPU will simply waste even more clock cycles per unit time. 😄

Message 2 of 10
(6,534 Views)

I dont thinks that labview installer file is slowing down.Please attach your code. It needs some refinement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,516 Views)
Greedy loops.
/Y
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 4 of 10
(6,494 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:
Greedy loops.
/Y

Most likely...  greedy loops.   On top of bad architecture. 

And since we're guessing:  how about Local & Stacked Sequence Structure abuse 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,479 Views)

Ray.R wrote:

Most likely...  greedy loops.   On top of bad architecture. 

And since we're guessing:  how about Local & Stacked Sequence Structure abuse 😄

We cannot rule out Localitis and Sequentitis, but the symptoms have yet to reveal themselves. However the high cpu usage and inability to get a responsive system clearly suggest a greedy loop, which we lack a good name for.

I suggest Capitalismus, Bankeris or Electronic Artosis (nudge, nudge, know what i mean?)

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,389 Views)

I should have been more clear.  😄

Definitely greedy loop.

Other things to look for is the architecture and the possible abuse of variables and structures.  😉

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,368 Views)

Grreedy loops are definitely only part of the story, they don't consume 1.2GB of memory. 😄

Message 8 of 10
(6,354 Views)

I think the problem is with your PC, or at least Windows task manager.  How can you have a task taking 1,24,368 KB?  There seems to be a digit missing in the middle.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,343 Views)

So, what exactly is that "SIT Awareness sys.exe" and what does it have to do with LabVIEW? There must be a reason you highlighted it for this thread.

If this is your LabVIEW application, please tell us if you have similar problems when running in the development system.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,331 Views)