LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application built in LabVIEW 2011 installed successfully but not running on windows 8.

Hello all,

We have been using labview 2011 to develop datalogging applications. We have built the installer package for one of the applications by choosing the option 'windows XP or later' in 'Advanced' category. The installed application works fine in Windows 7 and earlier versions. But it doesn't seem to work in windows 8. When we try to run the application, the application doesn't load itself or show up but runs in the background consuming 75% of memory (as seen in the task manager).

Then we tried rebuilding the package by selecting 'windows 7 or later' option from advanced category. The problem persists. Running the application in compatibility mode of windows 8 did not help.

Please let us know how to fix this problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,280 Views)

Hallo Ranjeet_Singh,

With regard to

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

and

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14281/en

LabVIEW 2011 is not supported for Windows 8. For running an executable on another system you need the corresponding LabVIEW-Runtime. In this case the Runtime for LabVIEW 2011, not working under Windows 8.

To Work with the application its necessary to build it again under LabVIEW 2012.

regards

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,266 Views)

Are you sure about that because during creation of package it will asks for wondowz 7 or later version ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,235 Views)

Does the w8 computer have a recent AMD processor (E.g. Bulldozer)?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,230 Views)

I thinks it was AMD only. does it make any difference.

I also need database & report generation tool for labview 2012 (64 bit). Where i can find this.I searched in ni.com but didnt found.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Ranjeet

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,196 Views)

Hallo Ranjeet_Singh,

no, I'm not sure, I just found the pages with compatibility lists. As you can see there, it could be difficult to get it work.

What does "Windows 7 or later" mean for NI? I don't know. But I found the Downloadpage for Report Generation Toolkit.

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evaltlktrepgen/content.xhtml

regards

Tobias

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,184 Views)

Thanks buddy, Where I can find information about virtual machine ?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,164 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Yes. 

Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

I also need database & report generation tool for labview 2012 (64 bit). Where i can find this.I searched in ni.com but didnt found

I am not sure that there is a 64bit version. Do you really have 64bit LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,147 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

What is "AMD only"? Do you have the exact processor model?

LabVIEW 2011 has problems with some AMD processors, and some of the issues have been fixed in 2011 SP1 f1. I don't know if built application had similar problems.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,125 Views)

Let me check with that.

For 64 bit I found database and report generation tool.

Here it is. Hope this will work. they say it will

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,116 Views)