cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello and thanks for looking at this.

I have LabVIEW full development system installed and the application builder licence is active in Licence Manager, however, the application builder seems to be missing.

Can somebody suggest a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,856 Views)

is the application builder license newer than the LV developer license?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,853 Views)

There is not sufficient information to see what's wrong.

Since "full" does not come with the application builder, I assume you installed it, right?

In what way is it "missing"? Where did you look? In a project, do you see a section with "build specification"? What is available if you right click it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,847 Views)

Hello and thanks for your help

Under "Tools" (in any project) the "Build Application (EXE) from vi" option is grayed out, and Licence Manager says the licence is enabled.  (Sorry got it wrong,

(Sorry got it wrong, its the "profesional developement system" I have a licence for.)

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,804 Views)

I guess something went wrong somewhere and you probably should open a support call with NI.

I assume the greyed out build specification in the project are in the "My Computer" hierarchy and not under some embedded system, right?

If you start fresh and create a new VI, then go to "tools...Build Application (exe) from VI", it should create a new project and start a build specification. Just wondering if that still works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,795 Views)

Hello Altenbach and thanks for that.

Yes that all still works, I just can't create a build folder. I'm wondering if I need to Re-install Labview (As painful as that might be)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,775 Views)

For thoroughness in t-shooting, you can also create a brand new project from scratch, but using the build folder that you are using for the failed build.  If it isnt working, then there may be something wrong with the permissions to that folder.  Maybe you are logging in as a different user than usual?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,766 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nickleback

Firstly thanks to everybody for your help with this.

I have figured it out! its to do with my LabVIEW settings.

"Project" | "Filter View" | "Build Specifications" needs to be checked.

Found this after still seeing the issue after a re-install and literally stumbled into it 😕

Best Regards

Nick

Message 8 of 9
(3,726 Views)

It must have gotten turned off somehow because the default setting is "checked".  Did you upgrade from dev to pro?  I'm just guessing that maybe the default for dev is grayed out (and therefore unchecked) and then when you upgrade, that remains the default.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,715 Views)