LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder hangs with DAQmxbase v1.5

Hi,

I have a Windows 2000 and Labview v7.1 application which uses a USB6008. It runs within Labview and builds an a running application with DAQmxbase v1.4 (after ensuring “USB-92xx Bulk Reader.vi” is set so that its front panel is not removed when building an executable").

However installing DAQmxbase v1.5 causes the application builder to hang about 3/4 way through ~"copying application files". Application still runs fine from within Labview.

Has anyone successfully built an application with DAQmxbasev1.5 and USB6008?

I tried many things - among them removing all NI applications then a fresh installation loading Labview, DAQmxbase v1.5 then application builder.

Thanks,
Kathryn
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,033 Views)
Kathryn,

This is a problem that I have heard of before and I believe the fix is to uncheck the box to "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances" in the Application Settings of the Application Builder. Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,022 Views)
Sulzer:

I have the same problem.
Where is the "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances"?
I can't find this box.

I am using  LV7 express. I think it is 7.0

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,978 Views)

Hi Eric,

The "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances" option is located under the Application Settings tab of the Build Application configuration window. Please let me know if you have any further trouble finding it!

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,957 Views)
AESulzer:

My step is:

1. open LabView7 express
2. Tools --> Build application or shared library(DLL) ---> Application settings
3. There are three check boxes 
           Custom icon
           Pass all command line arguments to application.
           Enable ActiveX server.

There are no "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances" option.
Should I install something?

Eric
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,955 Views)

Eric,

Ah ha! I apologize -- I completely overlooked the fact that you mentioned having LabVIEW 7.0. That application builder doesn't actually exist in LabVIEW 7.0, so that explains why you can't find it. This is actually a known bug in LabVIEW 7.0 and Windows SP2 (which I assume you're using). Unfortunately, all I can tell you is that it has been fixed in LabVIEW 7.1, so if you have a copy available to you, I would strongly recommend upgrading to it. If not, you might also try upgrading to the latest version of DAQmx Base, as that certainly wouldn't hurt and may mediate the problem.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,947 Views)

@AESulzer wrote:

If not, you might also try upgrading to the latest version of DAQmx Base, as that certainly wouldn't hurt and may mediate the problem.

Actually, if you are using Windows then you should consider upgrading to NI-DAQmx 7.5 which now supports the USB-600X devices.  You will need to convert your USB-6008 for use with NI-DAQmx using the steps in this KnowledgeBase.

EDIT: Grammatical errors

Hopefully this helps-

Message Edited by Tom W. on 08-02-2005 09:53 PM

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,943 Views)