LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder asks for NI Vision installer even though that's not selected

Hi,

I'm trying to build an installer with LV2018SP1.

In my application i'm NOT using any "Vision"-related stuff. Still the building process asks for NI Vision installers.

I have checked the "Automatically select recommended Installers to Include"-checkbox and NI-Vision does not appear.

This is how it looks like:

LV_installerProblem.png

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks!

Bef

-DB
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,051 Views)

So what happens if you do not check the "Automatically select" option? In this case you can still select the necessary installers and no additional installer will be prompted - in theory. 

Also there might be some Vision related VIs in your project but well hidden. Check the dependencies and subVIs. 

What does your application do btw?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,979 Views)

FWIW, I've seen this before when a product (for example Vision, in this case) updates a shared component that underpins multiple products. It's not terribly common, but does happen on occasion.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,963 Views)

@ChrisStrykesAgain wrote:

FWIW, I've seen this before when a product (for example Vision, in this case) updates a shared component that underpins multiple products. It's not terribly common, but does happen on occasion.

While not "terribly" common it does happen frequently to me. Of course my machine has installed just about every LabVIEW version since 7.1 and various versions of device drivers and Toolkits for different of these LabVIEW versions (but not all) so the situation as I have it isn't even remotely common to most other users. Still if a low level component like NI-PAL or whatever is updated by the installation of such a driver it may result in the Install Builder requiring the according media since your DAQmx driver that you have maybe used does require that component to be installed and although the chances are high that the submodule that comes with your DAQmx install component may work on just about any machine too, the Install Builder sees that you have installed a newer version on your system and requires the install image from which that came.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,949 Views)