LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application build error when building using 8.2.1 on a project built in 8.2

I have recently upgraded my LV version from 8.2 to 8.2.1.  I have several applications that were built in 8.2 that were working fine before the upgrade, i.e. I could build executables and package them with an installer for distribution.  However, after upgrading to 8.2.1 I can no longer build installers for my executables.  The executables still build fine, but when I go to build the installer I get a cryptic error:

List Folder in Recursive File List.vi->CDK_Utility_DeleteRecursive.vi->CDK_Engine_InitializeDistribution.vi->CDK_Engine_Main.vi->CDK_Build_Invoke.vi->CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller
Loading product deployment information

Under the details section:
Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Where there is no information to use for reference.  I am at a loss here.  Why can't I use a installer that I setup in 8.2 work under 8.2.1?  I don't really want to recreate the installer for legacy code reasons, but can do that if necessary.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks!

David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,521 Views)

David,

I can’t say for certain what’s going on here but I do have a few suggestions before you “recreate the installer for legacy code reasons.” First, I would delete everything from the Build Directory. This may be where the recursive issues are coming from. Lastly, in the My Installer Properties window, I would look at the Source Files and make sure everything is there and check for any broke links.

Charlie M. CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,502 Views)
Charlie,
I repointed where the build directory put the installer and that seemed to fix the problem.  Thanks for the suggestions.

David
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,492 Views)