From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Installer hangs

I have used the application builder (Labview V8.2) to create an installer for my application.

1.The installation installation hangs(on Windows XP SP2) with no error msg on step 5, while the progress text is "Validating Install".

2.When I cancel the installation, the components already installed are not uninstalled.  Trying to run my partly installed app gives error msg "Unable to locate Labview Runtime engine", (not surprising as installation failed)

3.When I use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the NI component, the uninstaller also hangs 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,782 Views)

Hi Tui,

When you are building the installer, do you include Additional Installers.  If so, try removing all the Additional Installer and see if the problem still occurs.  If it does not then lets try adding them back one by one until we find the one related to the hang.

Also make sure that you are not testing the installer on you development machine if you are including "Additional Installers".

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,771 Views)

Hi Brian,

No additional installers.  Have tried to uninstall, but the unistaller hangs when uninstalling the NI part and the uninstall log does not tell me anything useful.

Tried reinstalling with logging, still hangs at the same point, but again the log does not tell me anything. 

The install is not on the development machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,767 Views)
Do you have admin rights on target machine? 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,763 Views)
Thanks, so obvious but I had overlooked it.  A bit disappointed that the installer did not pick this up and warn me.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,761 Views)