LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder setting for USB-6501 application

I am using a USB-6501 in an application. Now that its complete I need to build an install for the application. The target is a virgin (NI wise) XP system. I want to minimize the footprint of the install and make it suitable for a non-labview user to install and use.

I used the brute force method by doing a manual install of DAQmx (with all 119 parts) but I want to pare it down to the bare min with a single install. I then had to build the task in MAX which is very unacceptable.

What other installs must I include with the install build?

Which installs can I uncheck as well?

How do I install the USB-6501 drivers with the install?

How do I get the task a part of the install?

I can put a little guidance in a readme if that seems appropriate.

I need to make this install as easy as possible since it will be distributed to non test engineer types.

TIA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,360 Views)

In the Additional Installers category, select DAQmx and pick your install type (assuming pre-2010). The core has the smallest footprint. Go to the hardware configuration category and check to include. Click on the configure button if you haven't already done an export in MAX. If you do not include MAX as one of the additional installers, you'll want to do a silent install.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,354 Views)

Actually I'm using 2010. Does that make a difference?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,331 Views)

Yes. The additional installers category has a slightly different method to choose options. For example, there are different checkboxes for DAQmx Core, Application Support, and MAX Configuration Support.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,327 Views)