From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder and Revision numbers?

When I compile a VI (6.0.2) with a non-zero revision number, the revision number is shown as zero. Is there any way to get the pre-compile revision number?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,560 Views)
I'm not sure what you mean by "the revision number is shown as zero." Are you talking about the revision history of a VI and is it resetting to zero?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,560 Views)
When VIs are built into an application, revision numbers and history are wiped.
What you can do is to store the revision number elsewhere before the build. For example, you could write an utility that reads the revision number of one or each VI in the applicaion and store it in the "VI Description" string or as the default value of a front panel control. You run this utility before building the application. That way, the revision number is available in the application.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,560 Views)
Now I see what he meant. I never build an application with the default menus and never saw the VI properties under File. I've always found the VI revision number pretty worthless anyway since a single VI might change numerous times between one release and the next of an executable. For built applications, I put a revision level string in an "About" VI and a splash screen.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,560 Views)