From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder Question: how to install several applications in the same computer?

Hello,

I have two LabView applications and its installers, all of them generated with the aplication builder. Both works fine: I can install them in several computers without LabView. But when I try to install both in the same computer, the result is that I only have the last application I've just installed. I want to get the two applications installed at the same time in the computer. Is it possible? Anyone can help me?. I'm using LabView 2009 SP1

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,605 Views)

Double-check your BUILD Specs for both target apps.

Make sure the TARGET FILE NAME is different.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,603 Views)

Hi Steve.

Thanks for your repply, but the Target File Name are different. Furthermore, I am trying to install them in different folders, both inside Program Files; with different names,...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,600 Views)

If I understand you correctly:

from scratch, you install A, and you get A.exe, where you expect it.

from scratch, you install B, and you get B.exe, where you expect it.

If you then install A (when B has already been installed), then B.exe goes away?

Is that what's happening?

Steve Bird
Culverson.com

Message 4 of 15
(2,597 Views)

Exactly that. I'm triyng with several options in the Application and Installer builder, but it seems it does not work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,592 Views)

@aespin wrote:

Exactly that. I'm triyng with several options in the Application and Installer builder, but it seems it does not work

It works quite well. We have installed over a dozen different applications on the same computer. I suspect you have something configured incorrectly in your installers and possibily the builder itself. We would need to see those to see what is not correct. One possibity is that your builds are generating the same GUID for the applications. Therefore even though the names are different the installer thinks they are the same thing.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,590 Views)

There's nothing in principle that prevents you from installing 2 or more apps, it's very possible.

Try installing them someplace OTHER than "Program Files".  Perhaps Windows is being "helpful" or "protective".

Steve Bird
Culverson.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,586 Views)

Mark_Yedinak escribió:

@aespin wrote:

It works quite well. We have installed over a dozen different applications on the same computer. I suspect you have something configured incorrectly in your installers and possibily the builder itself. We would need to see those to see what is not correct. One possibity is that your builds are generating the same GUID for the applications. Therefore even though the names are different the installer thinks they are the same thing.

Thanks. Is it possible to know the GUD asigned to the app? I've created the second app form the first one; and only modify the VI's source code and the names and destionations in the builder.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,585 Views)

CoastalMaineBird escribió:

There's nothing in principle that prevents you from installing 2 or more apps, it's very possible.

Try installing them someplace OTHER than "Program Files".  Perhaps Windows is being "helpful" or "protective".

I'll try and tell you here

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,584 Views)

aespin escribió:

CoastalMaineBird escribió:

I'll try and tell you here

I've just try. It doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,582 Views)