From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Build Error 1003 LV 2009

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there, im using LV 2009 on a Linux (OpenSUSE 11.1, Gnome) machine and unfortunately i encounter this known Error when i try to Build an application. 

"Error 1003 occurred at AB_Application.lvclass: Open_Top_Level_VIs.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it."

The existing topics couldnt solve my problem. Is there a way to pinpoint the (missing?) subVI that may cause this error or what other problems could have lead to that error?

Thanks in advance

KvanB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,879 Views)

I have gotten errors like this... did you check the obvious, that your main VI is indeed executable? If you have built this executable before, I would go to the location on disk and delete that folder. Then try building again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,826 Views)

Hi KvanB!

Maybe you will find a solution here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/705C2ECA081F3C7986256C0F00559B02

Alexander E.

Applications Engineer

National Instrument Germany

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,797 Views)

I found the VI ("distcal_differential.vi") in a directory of the project file and i could open it without any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

"Solved the problem" by contacting the creator of the project. For my applications this specific build is not neccessary.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,765 Views)