From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Architecture

Hi,
Your experiences may help me to design my application better.
I  have huge no. of I/O counts in my application to be updated at 500ms approx. (2500 ios DIO+AI+AO).

I want to know:

1) How do you design your systems to address such needs?

2) How should be the data flow from User interface to Algorithm and then to I/P and O/P devices?

3) Do you put some kind of abstraction between algorithm and I/O read/ write ?

My algorithm needs to respond when there is any data change or upon an user event. Will it be possible to configure/ register/ generate these many events using LabVIEW?

A small diagram of the data flow / pointer to appropriate link/ doc. could be very useful for me.

Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,244 Views)

Hi,

National Instruments provides several Reference Architectures to help customers in situations like the one you are facing. 

Please note that if the link does not work for you, you can search at www.ni.com for 'reference architectures'. The hits are not filtered like in the link and therefore many more (and maybe useless ones for your application) but still you have access to all examples.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,220 Views)