LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append XY Charts

Hi, I am very new to Labview and my problem is about appending XY Charts.

I have an outer loop and an inner loop. For every outer loop, when the inner loop has finished looping, the waveform will be processed (time will be converted to wavelength) plotted on an XY chart (named Accumulated Signal) in the inner loop, and plotted on an XY chart (named Full Spectrum) in the outer loop. Using Shift Registers, I want to continuously append XY charts in subsequent outer loops to Full Spectrum.

Problem #1: I know waveforms can be appened using Append Waveform function, but how should XY Charts be appended?

Problem #2: When the XY Chart Accumulated Signal is plotted, you see only a single plot in the XY chart. However when I tried appending the chart from the inner loop in the outer loop and plot it on XY chart Full Spectrum, I see multiple plots (one for each inner loop's loop). Where did I go wrong, and how can I only retrieve the final XY chart after all the inner loops have completed looping?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,861 Views)

From your code, it appears that you're using graphs, not charts. Those the names can be easily confused, they behave quite differently. There's more info at the link below.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12498/en

Depending which one you end up using will determine how you will append data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,821 Views)

If you use the "build xy graph express VI" (You get it if you place an xy graph from the express palette). you can configure it to retain data between calls, thus acting as an xy chart. No extra code needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,814 Views)