From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appear one display at a time.

I have two sensors analog and digital and they are connected through a com port by using VISA (one at a time) in labview I have two display one for analog and one for digital. My question now how can I display one at a time ! For example when plug analog sensor I want the only display of analog appear to the user and via versa. Is that possible ! Any idea!

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,586 Views)

And what's the problem?
if you want to hide one of the indicators, use the property -> visible

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,560 Views)

Care to give more details about what you are connecting to the serial port?  I imagine they have different messaging protocols.  So you just need to figure out which protocol is being used and update the values that correspond to the received data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,557 Views)
Thank you for your response.
The idea here I have two sensors, the analog sensor send "A" as initial value and the real data, also when I disconnect the analog sensor and connect the digital sensor into com port it will send "D" and then real data.
All works fine but what I mean that I want one VI for display both analog and digital data but when I plug any sensor and run the VI, I want just one display appear corresponding to the sensor that attached in the port. I don't want when I run the VI, both display appear and one of them is working corresponding to the sensor and the other one is just plain and nothing on it?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,549 Views)
As I have two displies in one VI, one for analog sensor and the other for digital sensor. I want one display appear to the user corresponding into the port.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,548 Views)

Here are some options:

1. Use 2 VIs.  It only makes sense to have a VI for each sensor.  This greatly reduces complexity and is very simple.

2. Use a subpanel.  Sort of back to #1, but the idea is that when you read the first data, you know which GUI to load into the panel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,546 Views)
Thank you very much crossrulz for your replay.
The first option is straight and easy to implement but I want one VI.
The second option I will look at it and if you have example or any similar vi can you please share it.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,538 Views)

Maybe you can have a "tab control" with two tabs and Hide the not used page using property node.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,473 Views)