From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppBuilder compile error message

When the application build process fails the message you get from the application builder is not always very helpful.

There's a lot of posts on the forums and in the knowledge base about obscure build error messages and what to do to fix them.

I've been able to isolate a simple case in which - I think - it's reasonable to expect a more accurate build error message from the App Builder. I've reported it to NI Tech support as a bug.

I'm quite sure some would argue it's not a bug, to me it is.

What do you think?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,427 Views)

For the record, NI acknowledged the bug and created a CAR #1487369.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,253 Views)

Sometimes it feels like Labview runs a RNG and throws it out as an error number.

Very rarely have i gotten an error number that actually helped me in search for solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,246 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

Sometimes it feels like Labview runs a RNG and throws it out as an error number.

Very rarely have i gotten an error number that actually helped me in search for solution.

If you're talking about build errors, I agree.  In general, though, I've found LV errors to be mostly useful.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,230 Views)