LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aout.vi and several other standard sub VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a system powered by a DAQ system, and am missing the install CD with several important Sub VI's

I searched NI.com to no avail, can someone point me to the following standard sub VI's?

>Dcfgport.vi

>Aout.vi

>Ain.vi

>Dbitout.vi

I use LabView 8.6

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,472 Views)
They sound like they are part of the Traditional DAQ drivers.  They should be located on your driver DVD and will appear if you install Traditional DAQ.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,471 Views)
Installing my Device drivers did not cause these files to show up, though I am certain they are among some default library. Does anyone have these files? If so you could email them to me at mhelsel@stanleyworks.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,451 Views)

These VIs are not a part of either the NI-DAQmx or the Traditional NI-DAQ drivers, and thus are not standard VIs that ship with any NI products.  A quick Google search for these VIs shows that they are a part of the Universal Library for LabVIEW.  You should check into that toolkit.

Regards,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,445 Views)
I think those are part of an old Measurement Computing library for LabVIEW.
Message 5 of 12
(4,443 Views)

Am I that old? Smiley Surprised  Aout reminds me of my days as a C programmer in the UNIX world using the VI editor (not Labview VI,s but a text editor called "VI").  Running the C compiler in UNIX (cc) always produced a UNIX executable file called "A.out".

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,418 Views)

I think these files are still current for the Measurement Computing range. I recall when I first used them I had problems locating the files.

If you follow smercurio_fc's link to here... http://www.mccdaq.com/software.aspx  you can download the driver CD which should have all you need to install the libraries for Labview.

Once installed (install instacal and the universal library to make it all work properly) you should be able to locate the files on your hard drive.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 12
(4,413 Views)
Alright, with your help I found ain and aout, but not the other two, anyone else have any leads on that?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,399 Views)
They're part of that Universal Library from MMC. In fact, here is the manual. Found using Google. Third hit.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mike Rees

Now I'm back at work I've checked my install of these files. On my installation they all seem to be located together in the following path:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\menus\Universal Library\Das16.llb\

For what its worth, navigating through the palettes I get Dcgport.vi and Dbitout from the "user libraries - MCC acquisition - digital i/o" palette

Ian

Message 10 of 12
(4,355 Views)