cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone seen error 1508

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Taggart,

Thanks for the post. So as I understand it, you have error 1508 when trying to save, correct? And this is still occurring right? Are you able to post a simple reproducible case?

Thanks,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(635 Views)

I will see what I can do about making a simple reproducible example. 

Basically:

It's a scripting program.  The program starts by copying a template library and that seems to work fine.  Then inside the new library there is a class (an actor actually) and the scripting tool takes one of it's methods and creates a new copy of it (.vi or .vit here does not seem to matter) and then modifies it and goes on to use the AF project provider to create a message.  Then I save all on the library (and I even added saveall on the entire project.)

And it repeats this several times.

The problem is that the first time through, the scripting executes fine.  The second time through when I go to copy the "template" method, I get error 1508.  If I breakpoint right before then and click on save all this project (or on the library) labview appears to save some stuff - but the dialog disappears so fast I can't read what it is saving.  However that still doesn't help.  I still get the same error.

I am doing a save all on the library (and I added a save all on the entire project) at the end of each loop iteration, so I am not sure what the problem is...  I tried a whole bunch of stuff, like throwing a bunch of save all this project, and save all this library in random places and none of it seemed to help.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Taggart

Nevermind.  I figured it all out. Had to do with application instances.  I was accidentally opening something in the wrong application instance and it was locking the class.  That was why I was getting the 1508 error.  Changing the app instance fixed that.

thanks for all your help.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 13 of 13
(617 Views)