LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know why when I print a graph it will print the graph without the plots?

I'm pretty sure this has worked for many people in the past.

So it must be something specific. Could be anything from a specific graph (System\Silver\Classic) in combination with color (background\foreground\line\point), LabVIEW version, OS, and\or other things.

It might be something that's permanently corrupted and won't work ever again. Have you replaced the graph? Maybe just to test?

Please let us know the LabVIEW version you are using. And post a VI with the graph and data.

Maybe it helps to reset scale layout (right click>Advanced)? The scales seem OK, but this resets stuff internally when it's broke.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(314 Views)

Sorry for the late response have been out of the office since Monday, and haven't been able to touch this again until today. I have tried replacing the graph, with both a new graph and also a chart just to see if either would work. Both are still blank when attempting to print. I tried reset scale layout, and that didn't fix it either. I'm using LabVIEW17, and I'm attaching a quick snipped of the graph. The top waveform is just the collected data. The middle is a R^2 calculation, and the bottom is the difference between the collected data and a perfect sine wave.

I just don't get why it would stop working, when it worked just fine before.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(291 Views)

randomguy77 wrote: 

I just don't get why it would stop working, when it worked just fine before.

Before in LV2017 or before in earlier LabVIEW versions?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(285 Views)

The entire VI was created in 2017. What I ended up doing was changing the setting on Easy Print VI Panel from Quick Print to Standard Report, and then it started printing the plots again. I have to play around with scaling now to make it all fit nice again, but at least it is printing everything again. Not sure what caused the issue in the first place.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(275 Views)

@randomguy77 wrote:

The entire VI was created in 2017. What I ended up doing was changing the setting on Easy Print VI Panel from Quick Print to Standard Report, and then it started printing the plots again. I have to play around with scaling now to make it all fit nice again, but at least it is printing everything again. Not sure what caused the issue in the first place.

Welllll... one way of making it print more quickly is to not print the plots.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(270 Views)