LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know why when I print a graph it will print the graph without the plots?

I'm attaching a picture to show what I mean, as this seems like a weird problem. I've never seen this before, and not sure when it won't print the plots. Anyone happen to have any idea why, or a way to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,752 Views)

What method do you use to get the image? Get Image of the VI?

Can you make an isolated example of the problem? It's hard to say if it's a bug in your code, NI's code or a feature.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,720 Views)

It doesn't seem to matter how I do it. For the snippet I posted I just went to file print. The button I have uses the Easy Print VI Panel. It use to print it off, which makes it even stranger I just noticed it happening today when I went to print off the tab. The only thing I've changed since it worked was the size of the lines.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,707 Views)

@randomguy77 wrote:

The only thing I've changed since it worked was the size of the lines.

Is it reversible? Might be fairly easy to isolate it. It could be a combination of line colors, background colors, widths, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,690 Views)

I've tried changing about every option you can think of changing in how the graph is displayed. No matter what when you go to print the graph is empty. It just acts like the data is not there, and it makes no sense at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,675 Views)

To recap:

The graph itself shows the plots, but when you go to print the graph, there are no plots on the printout.  Is this correct?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,660 Views)

What happens if you try to print it a second time?  (Without doing anything in between prints.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,655 Views)

Correct. When running the VI the graph shows all the plots just fine. When you print the graph, regardless of how you print, it prints the grid lines of the graph but the actual plots are missing. The rest of the data on the tab that is being printed is all printed fine as well. It is just the plots that aren't appearing.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,652 Views)

I just tried printing twice without changing anything between, and both printed without any plots on the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,647 Views)

Weird.  I cannot explain it, except that it appears to be graphical in nature - i.e., the plots are actually there, but they are invisible.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,640 Views)