From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have good Bar Plot tools?

I would love to create a nice little Bar Plot in LabVIEW.

Unfortunately, it seems that the default settings for a bar plot is "make me look sucky":

* The bar is centered on the value, so that means half of a bar is cut off on each end
* If you change the scale range so that you can see all of the end bars, now you have a "x.5" at the ends of the scale, which you can't get rid of. I'd really rather they aren't showing at all.

Anyone have any tools or suggestions to make my life easier?

I am currently using a Waveform Graph to create it, if that matters.

================================

P.S. Anyone know why Bar Plots look so bad by default? Does anyone actaully use bar plots to good effect?

Maybe it'll be one of the 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT LABVIEW...
http://www.innoventor.net/10things.html

-- Rob Humfeld
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,886 Views)
I started with this one in my application.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,870 Views)
Go into the example finder and use keyword pictures. There is an example called Histogram plot.vi. This uses a picture control to do vertical bars and grid lines.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,862 Views)
Hello LVRob,

Attached is a bar plot example that i created a while back. The programming in it is a little cludgy, but it should give you an idea of how to create your own bar plot.

Regards,

Matt F
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,850 Views)
LV Bar graphs do suffer from a general condition of "suckiness". Here's a vi I just put together using the contributions from Matt F and Unclebump. It will take a 2D input (with series in the rows, and categories in the columns) and output a clustered bar graph. There are also controls to tweak the amount of space between clusters and at the beginning and end of the graph. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out an easy way to put category labels in. An suggestions there would be welcome. I usually end up using a string array that has been placed and sized strategically.

Message Edited by C. Minnella on 06-15-2005 03:16 PM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,818 Views)