LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience setting up Xbee communication with Arduino?

Hi Guys,

So I've been using an arduino uno and interfaced that with Labview to get pressure measurements using its analog inputs. Now I'm actually trying to eliminate the usb cable between the arduino and the laptop so that I can receive the data from the arduino wirelessly. Doing some research I've learned that Xbee seems to be the way to go for this.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this? I'm assuming there is not much to change in my labview code? (Except for making the Baudrate the same for the Xbee modules and arduino.) 

I'm looking into buying

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9819

XBEE USB DONGLE to give my laptop an XBEE connection, and I assume the only other thing I need to purchase is 2 Xbee modules? One to go on the arduino and one for the USB dongle? 

Please let me know any suggestions you guys have to make this setup easier, and is there anything I need to do to the arduino for it to send data through the xbee?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,458 Views)

Oh, sorry I had not seen that forum before I made this post. I know this may sound dumb, but what exactly does the arduino send to the Xbee module? Would I still be able to read analog inputs from the arduino wirelessly through the Xbee?

Sorry about all the questions, setting up the arduino with LabVIEW was a breeze, but it has been hard to find if the Xbee module will fit my needs for this. Can anyone just tell me if this is how Xbee would interact with labview? My program runs and sends one analog out to a device while reading analog inputs from sensors. I was just wondering if changes need to be made to my labview software, or is it a matter of getting the two Xbee modules to sync up and then everything else behaves the same? (Basically is it a simple USB cable becomes XBEE Communication)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,442 Views)