LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have experience of validating Labview in a medical application?

As the title says, I'm trying to find how to validate a LabView application used in a medical product.

There is endless information on the web about the theory, but I'm looking for the actual nuts 'n bolts of doing it. NI do sell some tools but they are pretty expensive.

Does anyone have any examples of what you actually need to do?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,072 Views)

Hello Ash,

Personally I have no experience with this. As far as I know, even if a VI/SubVI/Express VI shipped with LabVIEW does already have some certification, it normally needs to be re-certified as part of the particular application you create with it.

However, I assume that the regulations for this vary from country to country. Where are you based / which country or market are you targeting your product?

I found some guides and threads on this topic; had you already seen them?

Apart from this: Do you know there is a Biomedical User Group on this forum? Maybe someone there has done this before.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,020 Views)

Not Specific to any Add on Tools, But in LabVIEW Environment i have developed n number of Applications which involves testing of Medical Products (X-Ray Generator, MRI Scanning, Etc.,)

Not sure about your expectation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,011 Views)

Thanks very much for all those links. I'm sure there will be something helpful there. At the moment, the equipment is going through BSI safety testing but we will then be looking to put it through FDA.

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,964 Views)

Hi were you able to find the needed resource for FDA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,514 Views)