From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had any experience using Labview for Acoustic Emission

Has anyone had any experience using Labview for Acoustic Emission monitoring during a fatigue test? From what I understand the signals will be up to 500 kH. I’ve used Labview for relatively low frequency vibration analysis using the FFT vi's etc.

Any pointers to the best way forward would be appreciated ie

What's the best hardware option
Do I look in the time or frequency domain for the AE events
Do I have to sample continuously or take repeated snapshots
Should I try and persuade the project engineer we’ll not see anything and we’ll be wasting our time!!

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,377 Views)
I designed an High speed AE system using a sonix digitizer a couple of years ago, (the system was used to test for cracks around rivets). The transducer was on an encoded wheel, so my sampling repeated based on needed resolution. post processing was both time domain and frequency domain.
I hope this 'elps,
-KkenM-
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,377 Views)
Thanks for the reply Ken

Did you find the AE events were clearly identified or did you have to use complex analysis to find them?

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,377 Views)
By using C-scan, B-scan and TOF the events were clearly identified . Sometimes we did use FFT on a Region of interest
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,377 Views)
Thanks for the information, I've got some sensors on order and looking forward to getting some data.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,377 Views)
Hi,
I want anyone can give me information about How I can use Labview and acoustic emission to monitoring micro machining process and what is the suitable AE sensores?
Thanks
Ahmed 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,083 Views)
Hi Ahmed,

You can use our DAQ hardware to bring in your data from an Acoustic Emission sensor. You may also find that our Sound and Vibration Toolkit may be quite useful. I've heard of other customers using Kistler AE sensors. You may want to talk to them or another vendor to find out what the appropriate sensor for your application would be. Posting to the Multifunction DAQ Discussion Board may give you more traffic and suggestions for this application.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,053 Views)

hi there

my research topic is about acoustic emission.

can u give me some advices about this??

may you give me mail address to discuss more comfortable??/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,751 Views)

@1T618 wrote:

hi there

my research topic is about acoustic emission.

can u give me some advices about this??

may you give me mail address to discuss more comfortable??/

The Forum is meant as a (free) exchange of information (exchange meaning "two-way" or "multi-way").  If you want a Private Consultation, consider hiring a Consultant.  There is even a Forum here, LabVIEW Developers Seeking Employment that you could try.

Bob Schor

Message 9 of 9
(1,744 Views)