LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone doing Advent of Code 2020 in Labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

Just wanted to share the project "Advent of Code" made by Eric Wastl (https://adventofcode.com/2020/about). It is an awesome page with a fun two-part programming puzzle for you to solve per day in Advent.

I'm doing all the programming puzzles in LabVIEW and wanted to know if anyone else are doing it too?

https://adventofcode.com/2020

Message 1 of 8
(2,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by paljacob

In past years I've done Advent of Code (well, for about a week before the puzzles got too hard for me 😛 ), but this year I haven't had time to start. But I know @NegentropicDev on Twitter has been streaming his LabVIEW solutions on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/navigatornomad

Message 2 of 8
(1,994 Views)

Thanks Darren. I found it last year when one of my colleges shared it. I just made sure to beat them and then ended early as the challenges became quite challenging. This year it looks like my colleges will crush me, but I'm improving and doing most of the ones up to today. I also looked up @NegentropicDev on twitter and twitch, and I'm now following 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,936 Views)

I have been doing it, it started out with a lot of text parsing, but the problems have gotten a little more interesting as it goes along. I usually use LabVIEW 2016, but on Day 15 I felt like I had to use the map datatype, so I used LV 2020. I had already tried using variant attributes, but that ate up too much memory.

Message 4 of 8
(1,868 Views)

Maybe a bit late but I just saw this post. I am also solving the Advent of Code 2020 in LV2020. So far I am still on track to solve them all by Christmas. Maybe we can create a private LabVIEW leaderboard next year.

Good luck everybody and have fun.

Best Regards,

Stefan Lemmens

Intersoft Electronics

Message 5 of 8
(1,781 Views)

Cool and respect to everybody going all the way!

I see I will fail completing all days this year too. After tackling day 16 day 2 I had to throw in the towel as I started to use to much time solving these challenges. The plan is today to see I can kill a few part 1's and then review some of the solutions in hope of expanding my knowledge a bit 🙂 

Gregory, yeah this year of AoC have motivated me to add maps into my standard toolset and I'm now refactoring several of my old software designs where maps should have been used and variants was just not that easy to jump into without some greater motivation.

StefanLemmens, respect! I will join next years private leaderboard and give you one easy to beat 🙂

Merry Christmas everyone!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,753 Views)

Thanks. I finished the complete advent of code 2020 today.

If you are stuck somewhere or want some help just let me know.

Maybe you can use the stats to see which ones are "easier". Especially to figure out whether part 2 is easy or hard after you have solved part 1.

Merry Christmas!

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,748 Views)

As promised I created a leaderboard for this years Advent of Code.

Sent me a message to get the access code.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Message 8 of 8
(1,397 Views)