LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to make the x and y axis of XY graphs in labview to be equal in scale as well as axis span?

Hi there! Is there any way to make the x and y axis of XY graphs in labview to be equal in scale so that (for example) the plotted points of a circle will be plotted as a circle on the screen? At the moment, there doesn't seem to be any setting to provide equal-axis plots, so that instead of seeing the plotted points of a circle, you can get an ellipse because there's no way to fix the axis to give 1:1 aspect ratio. In Matlab, you have axis('equal') or axis('square') commands (or something like that to get what I need. Thanks very much for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,683 Views)
Create a property node and select

Plot Area>>>Size

Write the same value to both cluster elements.

Should give you a square.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 6
(4,683 Views)
Thanks for this help Ben. I tried it, and it worked well for what I need.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,683 Views)

Dear Ben,

I noticed this is an old post but I'm asking anyway.

I tried this but it makes the plot size squate, hoever the X  scale factor if different than the Y scale factor which makes circles look as ellipses.

How did you manage this?

Thanks,

Marius

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,177 Views)

Hi Marius,

use some simple math to adapt X or Y axis settings to your scaling factor…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,174 Views)

Yes, I just did it like this. I had to consider graph width, height, X scale and Y scale.

Initially I automatically adjusted the height of the graph but seem akward when the plot was changing size a lot, so I changed to automatically adjusting  Y scale instead.

I asked about Ben's solution it seems like a easy one moreover I don't understand how somebody already confirmed it works. I have many graphs which I all want scales as square. This solution works but it doesn't seem elegant to have it in a lot of VIs each of them with 3 to 7 graphs.

I'm stil vondering if I'll ever see a simple solution (ticking a option).

Thanks

Marius

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,167 Views)