From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to change the font size for a table?

The table's property page does not let me change the font size for the table. Is there any way around this? I've tried playing around with control references and the 'To more generic/specific' class controls, but I haven't been able to make it work.

Also, if there is a way to set the active cell range and change only part of a table, that would be even better.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,599 Views)
If you are trying to change the font size of text in a single cell, click the text then select the font or just press CTRL +. Even with no text in the cell it will change.

This works for an indicator as well as a control

goldie
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,590 Views)
That's what I'm currently doing. It isn't very efficient when the table is about 100 cells
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,583 Views)
If you want to change all 100 cells then click on the table and then apply the font change from there. Other than that you can dynamically change the height/width of the active cell row with a property node.

goldie
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,580 Views)
What tjazx9r wants to do is dynamically change the font in the table. There is no such property. The property exists for strings under Text.font.size

I would like to do the same as I want to adjust the font in the table while running the VI as an executable. Any answers?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,490 Views)

@AAA TL Support wrote:
What tjazx9r wants to do is dynamically change the font in the table. There is no such property. The property exists for strings under Text.font.size

I would like to do the same as I want to adjust the font in the table while running the VI as an executable. Any answers?

While the table cells in older LabVIEW versions don't have font properties, if the table is only used as display and not as an entry element then the multicolumn listbox would be a good control. It does allow changing the font through property nodes.

Otherwise upgrading to LabVIEW 8 will give you font properties for the table cell.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,485 Views)
Thanks Rolph. I did find KB ID# 29A9QMDM that indicates LV 8 as the only answer. I like your work around method and actually tried it out before joining this thread. Perhaps you see something that I don't, because after checking numerous times I stll can't find a property or way to change the font size programmatically, even for the multicolumn listbox.

Can you point out what you see that allows changing the font size in teh multicolumn lisbox?
 I'm only looking to change all fonts at one time, not on a cell to cell basis. Changing font color would also be nice. Hope there is a clever way.

Thanks a dozen.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,480 Views)

@AAA TL Support wrote:
Thanks Rolph. I did find KB ID# 29A9QMDM that indicates LV 8 as the only answer. I like your work around method and actually tried it out before joining this thread. Perhaps you see something that I don't, because after checking numerous times I stll can't find a property or way to change the font size programmatically, even for the multicolumn listbox.

Can you point out what you see that allows changing the font size in teh multicolumn lisbox?
 I'm only looking to change all fonts at one time, not on a cell to cell basis. Changing font color would also be nice. Hope there is a clever way.

Thanks a dozen.

Hmm, this is a disturbing thing. I could have sworn that I have done something like that in the past. But I must have something messed up such as only changing the background or foreground color instead of the entire font setting. I apologoze for this kind of misinformation.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,477 Views)