LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on LV 2021 SP1?

@billko wrote:

Now wouldn't that be "interesting".  An annual subscription fee, but no updates...

Well, but entirely within the meaning of the subscription fee. You don't pay it to get updates and support, you pay it to be allowed to use the software at all, updates or no updates makes no difference, although I'm sure users will quickly get a bad feeling when there won't be any updates anymore.

But with a subscription you can't stop paying if you want to keep using the software, no matter how dissatisfied you are with the actual service.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,392 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@billko wrote:

Now wouldn't that be "interesting".  An annual subscription fee, but no updates...

Well, but entirely within the meaning of the subscription fee. You don't pay it to get updates and support, you pay it to be allowed to use the software at all, updates or no updates makes no difference, although I'm sure users will quickly get a bad feeling when there won't be any updates anymore.

But with a subscription you can't stop paying if you want to keep using the software, no matter how dissatisfied you are with the actual service.

No argument from me!  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,346 Views)

We can't wait to upgrade ti 2021 SP1 for myRIO toolkit and Git integration.

we also follow the strategy of install SP packages for development.

looks like NI is update the website this Sunday, hopefully the SP1 version will be there after update:-).

Gaoke

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,315 Views)

@Gaoke wrote:

looks like NI is update the website this Sunday, hopefully the SP1 version will be there after update:-).

Unfortunately, not.  It was just a simple web site maintenance.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,299 Views)

Disappointed enough:-).

hopefully LV2021 SP1 can come out Mar/Apr.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,262 Views)

It looks like its available through NI Package Manager, but not through their website right now.

ShockHouse_0-1645031639680.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,164 Views)

woo..., almost there.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,126 Views)

2021 SP1 Readme is available

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374715t.html

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,109 Views)

From the 2021 SP1 release notes. It mystifies me how every new LabVIEW release continues to be rolled out in this ad hoc and incomplete fashion. NI need to up their game, especially now that LabVIEW is subscription only.

MichaelBalzer_0-1645061299137.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,103 Views)

Michael, maybe they saw your post, they have links up for the known issues and bug fixes now 😁

Message 20 of 26
(1,063 Views)