LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any good example of IMAQ Correlation vi.

Hello,

I am trying to understand the use of IMAQ Correlation VI for the purpose of feature tracking among the series of images for my experiment using Normalized Cross-Correlation technique. Kindly see the attached VI, it just not making any sense to me. Kindly suggest and any good example will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,381 Views)
Can you post the vi for lv 8.0?
Message 2 of 6
(3,267 Views)
It is a little hard to tell what you are trying to do from your explanation. You would have a much higher success rate if you posted on the Machine Vision board in the Most Active Hardware Boards. Also, if you post an example it is good practice to state the version of software used. It is also helpful to save it to a previous version to allow a broader audience to see the example.

You stated that you have a "
purpose of feature tracking among the series of images for my experiment using Normalized Cross-Correlation technique." Could you post this with a more detailed explanation on the Machine Vision board? Also to explain what type of suggestions or advice you are looking for from the example that you posted would allow myself and others on the forums to understand what you are looking for here.
Vince M
Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 6
(3,245 Views)

Also, if you post an example it is good practice to state the version of software used. It is also helpful to save it to a previous version to allow a broader audience to see the example
seVEMes  ,I totally agree with you
Message 4 of 6
(3,240 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for pointing me to the right board.

I am trying to keep track of certain features in a series of images. Then trying to extract an overall distance movement (w.r.t the reference/base image) and also trying to find the relative movement between those features. And then finally need to calculate True Strain. I am using LabView 8.5 version.

I was planing to use Normalized Cross-Correlation technique to solve this problem and was wondering how this can be used effectively using IMAQ NCC vi.

Any help and direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hansa
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,227 Views)
Hansa,

Let's continue this discussion here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=200&message.id=18706&requireLogin=False
--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,213 Views)