From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Ring of Tree Counter using IMAQ Module

I wanted to make a program that can count the number of lines specially  the annual rings of tree, But I don't know how to start the program and what functions to use. I prefer using I M A Q module because it's the only one that's appearing on the internet that has similar connection to this project.

Question is, is it possible to count the annual rings of tree using Lab View? how can I do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,043 Views)

@Elebeytor wrote:

Question is, is it possible to count the annual rings of tree using Lab View? how can I do this?

I believe that the answer to the first question is "Yes, with a suitable Image".  The answer to the second question depends on your level of knowledge and experience in LabVIEW.  If you have several years of experience, and some knowledge and experience with Image Processing, then you probably know the techniques you'd need to do this.  Otherwise, either (a) spend the time to learn LabVIEW and Image Processing, or (b) hire someone with this experience.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(2,009 Views)