From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animatics Smartmotor addressing for RS232

I have found a thread that appears to address my problem, but I am apparently not following the solution properly.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=140&message.id=13250&query.id=248045

I have a daisy chain of Animatics motors so I need to prepend a motor address (1 thru 4) to each string command in order to get a specific motor to listen to the command.  The previous poster seems to have solved the problem by providing the address as a byte and then type-casting it to string before combining it with the cammand string.

I am doing the following:  The input string to my VISA write command is a cocatenation of the type-cast byte-to-string & the desired command & a termination space constant.  When I just send the motor cammand and the terminator, it works fine, but when the address string is included, the resutant string must be illegal because the motor ignores it completely.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,636 Views)