From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog voltage read sync with motion control

I am trying to capture the voltage from a torque sensor connected to a mortor while the motor is changing position. The signal is  +/-5VDC and I am using a CDAQ chassis with a 9201 module to capture the voltage. I am controlling the motor via a modbus connection to a delta motion controller. I intended on reading the voltage and initiating a move at the same time to acquire the torque during the motion. I am reading the position and velocity from the detlamotion controller and my intent is to plot torque vs position however I am concerned that the data is not synced. I am using the analog voltage 1 channel N sample DAQmx vi to read the voltage. I understand that the DAQmx stores the samples in a buffer and once the task is started the read vi reads the samples from the buffer. If the buffer starts before the motor moves then it is possible that the position data will not match the torque data.  How can I ensure that the voltage reading will match the motor position?

Than you,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,068 Views)

You need to have a signal from the motor that you can sync to with your voltage data aquisition.  If your motor has an encoder output then you can do this with a multi-function data aquisition card. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,044 Views)