From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog start trigger for x series card gives an error?

Hi everyone,

I am having some trouble setting up an analog start trigger for DAQ using an x series PCIe card (6351)... Attached is my configuration... After reading the manual (http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/08B4B2E1B5373B94862579BA006E6BAB), my understanding is that AFPI0 is a compatable analog trigger for the device; however, the vi will not run and I get an error... Although if I change the soruce to "Force" (which is ai0) it works..

Also, the device document says (pg 11-8):

"To improve trigger accuracy, do the following:

• Use an AI channel (with a small input range) instead of APFI <0,1> as your trigger source. The DAQ device does not amplify the APFI <0, 1> signals. When using an AI channel, the NI-PGIA amplifies the AI channel signal before driving the analog trigger circuitry. If you configure the AI channel to have a small input range,"

To me, this implies that I probably should use "Force" as the trigger soruce anyway (note that the instrunment is used to acquire data load cell data generated from human muscle contractions; so slew rates are relatively low compared to signals acquired from industrial tests).

Could someone please comment on these issues for me?

Regards,

Jack

LV2010

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,178 Views)

Ok... I think I have answered by own question... APFI0 needs a low impedence signal to drive the terminal... I mistakenly thought this was an internal terminal or trigger...

So I should stick with using the first analog signal acquired in my DAQ device (e.g. ai0) as the trigger source?

Regards,

Jack

LV2010

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,177 Views)

Sorry.... Could some please confirm/comment on my logic above?

Many thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,147 Views)

Hi jcannon

When you run the code without using the the source to "Force" which error gives you?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,127 Views)