LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog signal to easyport not working

Hi,

I have an Festo Easyport D8A connect to labVIEW via RS232 and serial to usb cable. With the program attached I am able to connect just fine and turn on every digital output and read digital and anlog input.

The problem accures when I try to use the analog output signals, I have 2 analog signals (pump voltage and proportional valve), with boolean signal I want to choose the control signal to be analog or digital signal for the pump, the proportional valve is just analog.

What I cant figure out is when I run the VI I am able to first run the pump with digital signal, I am also able to change so I can controll the pump with the analog signal, when i increase the signal the pump runs faster, but when I turn down the analog signal to 0V the VI starts to run very slow. When i try to increas the voltage again nothing happens, and when I turn over to digital control again, this suddenly wont work either. The same thing happens with the prop. valve.

I think the problem is my poor job with the invoked nodes, I do not think i fully understands how they work. Something else I think might be wrong is the activeX control for my easyport, the picture shown as reference on the front panel is not the same box I use, I have not been able to find the correct one. But I still think it`s strange the my VI is able to use the analog output for some time but suddenly shuts down.

Can anyone pls have a look at my VI and see if there is anything wrong with the invoked nodes I use to send signals? Or if you have any toughts on the activeX it would be much appreciated, or anything else that may get me on my way.

Thank you.

With kind regards

Espen Olsen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,738 Views)

Hello espeno,

What driver are you using for your Festo Easyport?

I am just wondering where the information is received for the ActiveX server, as the Easyport Module control would more logically be a LabVIEW constant unless the driver is common for multiple devices.

Have you tested with individual invoke node so that they work separately? I would suggest to test the analog input and output individually and check if the error comes from turning the output voltage to 0. This could be worked around by setting a small +0,00001 to your code to make sure that the analog output would never go to 0. But first check where the actual issue is located.

Also if you control the pump with the digital signal and set that to OFF state (0 state) does the problem affect the analog output?

Let's try to work forward if you could find the answer to those questions.

Best regards,

Jarmo Levo

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 4
(3,651 Views)

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Im using Festo USB driver 2.12, downloaded from;

http://www.festo-didactic.com/int-en/services/software/software-licences-trial-version/activex-contr...

AS for the activX server I right clicked the refnummer and choose from a list, only had one option for the easyport.

Anyway, I think i found a solution to my problem. I changed the Seriall to USB cable and went into advanced setup, where I changed the Latency Timer from 16 to 4 ms, now it seems to work 🙂

Thanks anyway for taking the time to responed.

With kind regards

Espen Olsen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,649 Views)

Great to hear that you found a solution!

Regards,

Jarmo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,643 Views)