LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output (NI-9264) quit responding...

Hello all,

Situation... I have a executable installed on a computer that's connected to a cDAQ-9174 (the oldest one in my lab), with a NI-9264 and three other modules installed.  Mid-test yesterday the AO (analog output) module quit working.  I can pull up NI-MAX and open a test panel and get the module to output a voltage signal so I know it's working...  I can hook up my development laptop and run the same VI and it works without issue. 

This program has been working for weeks, but yesterday morning it was like a switch was turned off... nada...  Every other module in the same chassis works (NI-9205, NI-9225, NI-9239) all reading fine... just no analog output today.  I've run updates on the computer, rebooted several times, killed the power to everything and restarted.  Used NI-MAX to refresh, reset, and self test each module... no issues.

Thoughts would be much appreciated!

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(992 Views)

So it works from MAX, suggesting your hardware and drivers are ok.

But it doesn't work from code.   Hmmmm.   Seems to me like you'd need to post your code for anyone to have a fighting chance at helping.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(983 Views)

KP and others,

Update... okay, code still works fine from development laptop (Win10Enterprise, LabVIEW 2017.0.1f3 32bit) and was working fine as an executable on my target computer (Win10Enterprise) until a few days ago when the analog output module (NI-9264) quit responding. 

I have built a new installer... twice.   I have built new exe's several times... no joy.

It will still respond to NI-MAX test panel... so I know the hardware is working...

I did find on my target computer that the executable will update as it's stopping... I.E. - I can be attempting to send a signal... (which responds fine on my development computer), and nothing is happening, but if I hit my Stop button then it will update and send the signal just before it shuts everything down.  Why it's not working this week and was last week is a mystery to me.

I have attached my VI for review.

Thank you, Chad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(901 Views)

...possibility of being an issue with developing on a 32bit platform and distributing to a 64bit platform??    Just thinking out loud here...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(897 Views)