LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog input data for NI USB 6001

hello,

I need some help regarding the XY graph. In this graph, x is my time and y is the amplitude. Here I am supplying a voltage of 6 volts to my analog input but the voltage value is fluctuating I don't know why it is doing like that. I am attaching my front panel and the block diagram of my vi can anybody check and help me with this problem. How i can acquire constant voltage so that my graph displays 6 volts for a particular time. please help me. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,016 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

I need some help regarding the XY graph. In this graph, x is my time and y is the amplitude. Here I am supplying a voltage of 6 volts to my analog input but the voltage value is fluctuating I don't know why it is doing like that.

The XY graph is working as expected, so why do you need help "regarding that graph"?

What is "fluctuating"? I mainly see a noisy signal at ~6.17V, with about ±0.08V noise.

(Did you read the specs of your DAQ device?)

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

I am attaching my front panel and the block diagram of my vi can anybody check and help me with this problem.

When you would attach real code instead of images we would be able to edit and debug the code! We cannot edit/debug images with LabVIEW!

When you would cleanup your block diagram then just one image would be sufficient.

Why do you use just the first one sample of each chunk of 1000 samples?

What about averaging each chunk of 1000 samples into a single value?

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

How i can acquire constant voltage so that my graph displays 6 volts for a particular time.

Instead of using a DAQ device you could wire a numeric constant instead. This would give you "constant voltage for a particular time"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 15
(2,013 Views)

Thank you for the reply here in this I have attached the vi and the XY graph is working fine.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,005 Views)

Please convert to LV2017 and attach again…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,996 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,975 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

like this:

On your VI: it is full of Rube-Goldberg code!

• All those case structures outputting a boolean value can be deleted!
  • When you want to invert a boolean value then use the boolean NOT function!
  • Some DAQ devices allow to invert the behaviour of DO channels (using property nodes), so you would not even need the NOT function in your block diagram!
  • All those DO channels can be placed into a single DAQmx task, reducing code from 6 tasks into one task…
  • Both DI channels can be placed into a single DAQmx task, reducing code from 2 tasks into one task…
  • Do you know the difference between an initialized shift register and an uninitialized one?
  • From an UX point of view I would not mix the various gas valve buttons with a Reset and SaveData button in the same row of buttons…
  • Use better labels/captions on the front panel: what is the difference between a "Reset switch" and a "Reset 2" button?

As I wrote before: cleanup the block diagram!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(1,962 Views)

Hello, 

I tried to implement what you said for the analog input my graph is coming like this. I am very new to labview as well I am just learning from 3 months. Check it.

1. reset switch is for resetting the charger amplifier where there pressure sensor is connected to it . 
2.Can you please show me how to make all the digital output in one task.

please help me. I am learning still everything.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,951 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

I tried to implement what you said for the analog input my graph is coming like this.

Now you get a signal of 6.16805V with ±0.0002V noise. What do you expect?

I ask again: DID YOU READ THE DATASHEET OF YOUR DAQ DEVICE?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,941 Views)

Yes I have checked it how we can remove the noise. I have a pressure sensor where it’s output voltage is 0-10v for 0-10abs bar. I want see the value for 1 bar it should show 1 volt  it should not be fluctuating. 
Can you please show me how I can change the digital output and input  signals and improve my program. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,935 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

Yes I have checked it how we can remove the noise. I have a pressure sensor where it’s output voltage is 0-10v for 0-10abs bar. I want see the value for 1 bar it should show 1 volt  it should not be fluctuating. 

The value shown in your image is very stable and does not "fluctuate" - once you set a reasonable Y scale… (In other words: Read the datasheets of the sensor and the DAQ device regarding "noise". Then add the "real noise" in the measured signal/system.)

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

Can you please show me how I can change the digital output and input  signals and improve my program. 

Your VI looks like this:

You could improve similar like this:

I made two DI tasks as you are using two different devices. Maybe you can even join the channels into one task: test for your own!

Best regards,
GerdW

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,926 Views)