LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An internal software error has occurred. Error Code 8. LabVIEW: File permission error.

Solved!
Go to solution

I just changed some contasts to controls in a FPGA base program so it needed to be recompiled. 

but it after compiling program showed error.

An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 8 occurred at Copy in nicrio_StockOutputVhdlAndInstantiation.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___cRioStock_io.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___nirviEIOImplementation_modGen.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___nirviEIOImplementation_modGen.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
=========================
NI-488:  DMA hardware error detected.

C:\NIFPGA86\clntTmp\TensionCo~65_FPGATarg~A7_FPGABase~A1_eogs1jH0~18\Crio9426IoNode.vhd

Can someone state the reasons for which it is showing an error.

error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,117 Views)

Have you seen "Why am I Generating Error Code 8 during an FPGA Compile?" and Why do I get "Error 8 Occurred at Open File" When Writing to or Reading From a File? 

I have once succeeded in getting rid of this error (when deleting a file from LabVIEW and recieving error 😎 by turning off Indexing for the folder containing this file:

screenshot (turn off indexing)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(7,108 Views)

Thankyou for your reply GuenterMueller

I unchecked the "index for fast searching" but the compiler gave the same ERROR 8.

I am thinking about reinstalling the Labview.

hoping that would work !!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,082 Views)

thank you for ur reply GuenterMueller,

I unchecked the "Index for fast searching" but the Error 8 is still there

i am thinking about reinstalling Labview

hoping that would work

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,082 Views)

upgraded to labview 2011,, but still

following errors::

An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:
Error 8 occurred at Copy in nicrio_StockOutputVhdlAndInstantiation.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___cRioStock_res_modGen.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___cRioStock_res_modGen.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
C:\NIFPGA\compilation\TensionControlle_FPGATarget_FPGABaseFile_40713F1C\cRioCalParallelCrc.vhd
Possible reason(s):
C:\NIFPGA\compilation\TensionControlle_FPGATarget_FPGABaseFile_40713F1C\Crio9476DoIoNode.vhd

Error 8 occurred at Copy in nicrio_StockOutputVhdlAndInstantiation.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___cRioStock_res_modGen.vi->nirviGetInstantiation___cRioStock_res_modGen.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
C:\NIFPGA\compilation\TensionControlle_FPGATarget_FPGABaseFile_40713F1C\cRioStockModuleId.vhd

Error 8 occurred at Copy in nirioStockModGenUtils.lvlib:StockOutputVhdlAndInstantiation.vi->NiCrioStock_IO_EmitCode.vi->niFpgaEmitCode_nirviEIOImplementation.vi:3->niFpgaEmitCode_nirviEIOImplementation.vi.ProxyCaller
Possible reason(s):
C:\NIFPGA\compilation\TensionControlle_FPGATarget_FPGABaseFile_40713F1C\Crio9264IoNode.vhd

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,061 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skywalker2052

Hi,

I have a couple of questions,

1. If you change your controls back to constants, do you still get the same behavior?

2. What hardware are you trying to deploy to? If it's a cRIO, have you formatted your controller and reinstalled the proper software to it?

3. I've been doing a little research and it sounds like a possible problem may be with firewall/antivirus. Here is the document that discusses that: 
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D8D46FD4DBD1015786257540003B2DC6 

Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer? Can you try disabling it and rebuilding the bitfile? 

Regards,

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 11
(7,048 Views)

hi Larry_H,

Thankful for your help. problem solved.

by removing the antivirus compiler has starting working.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,039 Views)

I keep receiving this error! My antivirus is off and i unchecked the indexing box. What could be another cause of this error?

Knipsel.PNG

Details:

Error 8 occurred at Copy in cRioBulkEmitVhdlFiles.vi->
nirioMyRioIoResourceEmitCode.vi->
nirioMyRioIoResourceEmitCode.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\testforcompilati_FPGATarget_test1_b-HCwJBrYYo\PkgNiUtilities.vhd

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,738 Views)

Hi Sakkiser

There are multiple situations that might end up on this error so it will be better to know more details of your specific case:

Where is this file located?

* What is your application intended to do? (Read, Write, Move, etc)

* Do you have full administrator priviliges on your PC?

Have you checked that any of the files you need are not already open in memory?Some times the files that are going to be used on your code are also being used by other program.The following link contains another explanation for when the files are being used by another funciton. Also in the Related links you can find other similar issues that may cause the error.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/D59B766D499C7DF0862564C6006AFD46?OpenDocument

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,703 Views)

Hello

In the details of the error they say it is in the file: C:\NIFPGA\compilation\Video_Controller_FPGATarget_test1_b-HCwJBrYYo\PkgNiUtilities.vhd

It seems my application is not important because even when I compile an empty project it gives the same error.

I have full administrator rights. But when I go to the C:\NIFPGA\compilation folder i can't delete any of the subfiles or subfolders because it says I don't have adminstrators rights.
That is quite strange? When I uncheck the read-only box it always returns to checked. I also tried with the terminal cmd to change the permissions to full control. but no effect.

Other things to know: I turned off my anti-virus, unchecked the index box and turned off the find fast. I also used a tool called process explorer and looked if there are any other processes using the PkgNiUtilities.vhd file but it couldn't find any. So I suppose there aren't any other programs using it.

Thanks for the support!

Sander

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,690 Views)